How To Wash Boppy Lounger
Do you have a boppy lounger? If yes, Are you looking for the best way to apply this term, how to wash Boppy lounger? Don’t worry, this article is for you. A Boppy Lounger is like a comfy home for newborns (during 0-4 months) to relax when you need a hands-free moment when the baby is awake.
In markets or online stores, there are all kinds of newborn baby loungers available, some of them are machine washable like the Boppy lounger, while others are not.
However, for the non-washable baby lounger, there are different covers available in the market, which one can use to protect your original product from dirt, dust, and germs.
Why Do I Need A Boppy Lounger?
Well, for most of the guardians, the Boppy Newborn Lounger is the most convenient and safe place to keep the baby, especially during awake time.
It is best when you need a hands-free moment for household chores, for example when you need to make a meal, brush your hair, work out or get things done around the house.
The soft, comfy and lightweight nature of the Boppy lounger provides a good opportunity that makes it easy to carry with you to friends and colleagues’ houses so you know there will be a comfortable place for the baby to stay put during awake time. It also provides a perfect place for your little ones and siblings to get to know each other while visiting.
In addition, the Boppy lounger comes in a piece of breathable fabric with an all-over print. It has no zippers or buttons which might be an itchy part for the babies but it is super comfortable for the baby. The surface is also easy to wipe out those little messes and don’t worry it can be machine washable for those huge messes.
How To Wash Boppy Lounger: Instructions and Guide
If you have a newborn baby lounger that is not comfortable for machine washing, then you can apply some other methods to clean your lounger or the baby pillow. There are many offline stores that can provide you with antimicrobial sprays that are best for spot cleaning.
What You’ll Need the Most:
- Hot water
- Washing Soda
- A small size spray bottle
- Clean Soft Cloth
How To Properly Clean A Baby Lounger?
- The spray bottle should be filled with two mugs of hot water.
- After that, ready to prepare a mixture of washing soda in less than half a mug of hot water.
- Then shake the remedy and then spray it on the dust spot at the lounger.
- After some minutes, dry it with a soft cloth.
If your boppy lounger came with an extra cover, then it is easier to wash it. Follow these some practical steps which are given below to do it.
- You need to take out the inner pillow from the lounger, Unzip, or strip it off, and remove it.
- Before washing makes sure the zip is closed, this will help to protect its zipper.
- Now it depends on you whether you decide to either wash your cover in a washing machine or by hand washing.
- Dry it with a dryer or in the fresh air, once you have finished.
- Finally, reborn and it is ready to use again on your lounger.
How To Wash Boppy Lounger?
If your Boppy lounger came without a cover and it is recommended by its manufacturer care guide, is washable then you are able to wash it. You may easily find its recommended cleaning instructions on the manual of the brand. With the help of these steps which is given below may help to clean your boppy lounger in the washing machine.
- You can use any kind of washing machine but for the effective result, it’s recommended you use a front- load washing- machines.
- Set the delicate cycle of the machine to cold water before you wash your lounger.
- Set it to Hand Wash Cycles, on the controller of your washing machine. Although, this feature may be available with different names on your washing machine or you can set it at any cycle rate.
- You have the choice to decide the cycle of 30°C /85° F to tumble dry the baby lounger on the low heater. During the drying process, if you throw a clean tennis ball or sneaker on the Boppy lounger, the ball will hit it and will separate the bunch of fiber-filling which may form during washing. Also It will help to keep the shape of the pillow.
- Let the pillow on normal air dry, but do not apply iron or dry clean.
It is necessary to make sure you read the instructions given by the company because it is clearly recommended that you only wash your baby lounger when it is necessary. Because most of the loungers are not machine washable, however, there are covers available that can protect the lounger from dust and dirt, and when it’s time to clean it you can remove its cover and wash it anytime.
In case your lounger doesn’t have a cover, try a small size cushion or soft cloth before putting your baby on it.
Related – How long can baby use a boppy lounger?
11 Things You Must Put In Your Mind When Using Boppy Newborn Lounger
Boppy baby loungers come with signs of safety instructions that are important for preventing serious injuries or death, do not remove those tags as they contain valuable information. Below are 11 things you must keep to remember in your mind when using a Boppy newborn lounger
- Boppy lounger may be wiped clean so that they’re ready for use right away. Do not use iron or dry clean processes.
- While using this product do not leave your baby unattended as this could cause serious injury or even death to your child.
- You should STOP using the lounger when your baby exceeds 16lbs or baby trying to push up on hands and knees, rollover, whichever occurs first.
- It is not recommended to allow your child to sleep on a Boppy newborn lounger or lie face down or on the side of the newborn lounger to relieve suffocation.
- Also, you shouldn’t use the newborn lounger for tummy time as this may occur the baby to suffocate.
- It is important to keep the baby’s airway open at all times to make sure that they do not choke.
- To prevent serious occurrences such as choking, do not allow the baby to be curled up in the center of the newborn lounge.
- Boppy loungers shouldn’t be used in the crib, cradle, bassinet, playpen, play yard, or near a space where the baby may sleep.
- Loungers are not placed on an elevated surface to prevent the baby from falling. Their place is always on the floor.
- To save the baby from falling, don’t change the place of the lounger while the baby is on it.
- These are tiny steps but they make a huge difference in a baby’s precious life so follow them.
With useful cleaning tips and step-by-step instructions on how to wash a Boppy lounger, I believe you can now wash your Boppy newborn lounger in no time without it losing its shape or being damaged.
It is vital to remember that again and again washing your lounger can diminish its quality and thus decrease its longevity. If your lounger becomes dirty, It is best advised to wash your baby lounger. Also, don’t forget to check if covers are available for your lounger because these covers can help prolong the lifespan of your baby lounger.
In the end, Hopefully, you find this article helpful? We’d love to hear any other tips you have about how to wash Boppy loungers, feel free to share with us in the comment section. We’d like to hear your opinions.